Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, March 17, 2014

So confused...

Well I have been on my journey for 20 days and I wish I could write and say that I've lost this impressive amount of weight, but I haven't. :( I just don't get it, I am doing what my nutritionist said, I cut my caloric daily intake by nearly half, I have started doing some cardio why am I not losing any weight?? I mean this isn't going to deter me or anything but it sure is depressing. I mean logically in my mind it made sense cut down your calories, watch you sugars I am following on myfitnesspal and using their guidelines to be sure I am eating right. I have even given up soda and any alcohol, which I thought would really boost my results. So I am just at a point where I know I am going to continue and I will get there, but it would be nice to have that encouragement of a little weight loss to make me proud that I am doing this. I have an appointment with my nutritionist next week, I guess my greatest fear is that he will think I am being dishonest about my efforts, or that there is a medical reason I am not losing weight. Which terrifies me to add another hurdle to this journey, but I am going to hope for the best and pray that its just that my scale is broken! LOL Planning another grocery trip this week and again very excited to try some more new recipes. Me and my kids are enjoying this process together, but I keep reminding myself to tell them they are not on a diet they are just being encouraged to make healthier choices. They are starting a new school next year, and they have an emphases on health and nutrition so I am so excited to have that in our lives. Feels like everything happens for a reason and this school is just another part of this journey. I will be sure to write a post once I have seen my nutritionist next week, I also have an appointment at their Tempe office to have an ultrasound done, and my psych eval, boy does that sound fun :P

Xoxo,
Emily



1 comment:

  1. You hang in there and don't get discouraged! I have also had the experience with diets that just did not work for me. I am looking forward to your meeting with the nutritionist too.I know you will be successful and reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete