Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, March 7, 2014

New beginnings...well kinda

Well I have officially been on this new journey for 10 days. Seems like longer but anyways. I wanted to write about my first official all healthy grocery trip. Now I honestly hate grocery shopping, so the fact that I was actually excited to go this time just was well...weird. But good weird. I made my list of all the ideas for meals and snacks and it just felt like the official beginning to the new me. I felt good in knowing if I read the nutrition facts I actually knew what I was looking for and not just guessing, haha. I was able to look at things and know I could swap for a healthier option. This was the first time I didn't begrudgingly pick up a healthier option and think well this is going to taste like crap. No, I was excited to make the right choices and know that then they will benefit my kids as well as me. I even bought whole wheat flour, I honestly would have never even known that existed! It feels so weird to think knowing that only a couple weeks ago I just didn't care. Well I did, but I was never honest with myself about putting in the effort I was capable of. I never really wanted to change I guess, I love food. I have loved food my entire life, I cannot remember a single time in my life that I was not overweight. And I know these habits started when I was young because I can remember being told no you don't need another serving, you've had enough, which I had, but I persisted I was still hungry anyways because I liked to eat. Which neither of my parents ate like that, so I guess it was just something in me I cannot understand. But recently I have looked at my youngest son and seen his eating habits and they are just like me. I felt horrible once I really opened my eyes, he is mimicking me and my awful relationship with food. So I want to be the role model he deserves not just the manners and things I teach but how to take care of your body and really love yourself. Having children really makes you look at yourself in a way you never did before, before kids what I did only affected me, now everything I do affects them so I need to do my best to set a good example.

Meals for this week:
turkey burgers
whole wheat pizza night
turkey meatloaf
chicken and veggies
eggplant parm
salmon and aspargus foil packets

Breakfasts:
Yogurt
fruit
protein shakes (mostly rockin refuel by shamrock farms I love this stuff!)
eggs

Lunches:
tuna
whole wheat muffin caprese
left over dinner

Snacks:
cheesestick
fruit
protein bar
veggies
found a greek yogurt veggie dip that I love too!

And the only sweets we have been eating are sugar free jello or pudding, and fruit.

Still maintaining my 2lb loss so we will see in a week if there are any changes. I plan to start some YouTube video workouts this week, so I am hoping that will work out because adding exercise has been so hard for me due to my physical limitations. But not for long!

xoxo
Emily




 

2 comments:

  1. A couple of girls at work do these youtube workouts that they swear by! I would of never thought of going there for workout help before! Target has great Greek Yogurt selections. I eat that for breakfast every day, so I am always looking for great deals on it, if I see one I will let you know!! Where did you end up doing your shopping at?

    Love ya lots & I am SOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually where I have been getting workouts from is YouTube! They're free bonus! lol I ended up at Fry's and did quite well there, eventually I will branch out but for now I want to keep it to one stop. I just saw the pin of a workout you sent me and that is what I've been doing! How funny, not that exact one but one almost exactly like it also by spark people. I love it! Thanks girlie love you too! <3

      Delete