Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, October 6, 2014

6 days postop

Well here I am finally banded, yay! :)

I went in for surgery at 7am Tuesday Sept 30th, my hubby took me over. We signed all the paperwork and gave my copay. We went upstairs into the new tower, which was all very new and nice looking. The woman at the desk was very friendly and I was called back without waiting more than 5 minutes. I first had to go back without my husband which made me sad, I was so nervous and being with him was the only thing making me feel calm. They had me come back and first thing was to weigh me, I commented that my scale had broken the day I started my preop diet so I had no clue what I had lost this month. It always weighs in kg, so at first I still had no clue lol so she pressed lbs and it converted, I was so happy I had been saying my prayers the night before and I asked God for a specific number and I swear to you that is exactly what I weighed! It put me down 17 pounds from my last office visit, making me down a total of 75 pounds since February when this journey began :) What a powerful number that was for me to hear, it made me very happy and took some of my nerves away. I had to give a UA to be sure I wasn't preggers, and I was negative. So they had me strip down into the hospital gown and had me wipe my skin with these new cloths in wrappers I had never seen before. One for each arm and then another for my chest and stomach. I knew it was to kill germs but that was a new one I had never heard of those before, they left my skin all sticky it was weird. I laid down and waited for them to come back to me. They put in my IV and gave me my anti-nausea patch because I warned them my body hates anesthesia with a passion. Finally they let my hubby come back.

We sat and waited for a little while because I guess there was some accident on the freeway so the surgeon and anesthesiologist were late. The nurses were not too happy with late doctors so that was a little unsettling that they were late. But really I don't think we waited too long. A doctor introduced himself as my surgeons assistant, a man I had never met before. Then my surgeon got there I was so happy to see him a familiar face. He was happy with my weightloss and was all business ready to get the surgery going. I said bye to my hubby and they wheeled me over to the surgery room, just before the door opened my anesthesiologist put something in my IV and said it would help relax me, and that it did I was starting to feel a little out of it but they had me scoot over onto the operating table. Such a big cold white sterile room, is all I remember. Next thing I knew I had a mask on and they were asking me to take deep breaths, I knew I'd be asleep soon. I felt them tie my arms to the table and that was the last thing I remember until they started waking me up. I remember them taking breathing tubes out because it hurt my throat. Right away that all to familiar feeling of the anesthesia hit me, I feel so nauseous and wanting to throw up its really uncomfortable. I was in recovery and every time they checked on me I would tell them I am still feeling sick, I guess it took them 4 or 5 phenergan injections to make it stop which those made me so drowsy I don't remember much. They traded off nurses and I was starting to feel a little more alive and less zombie, she was a sweet little thing. I told her I really wanted to see my husband, but he wasn't allowed in the recovery room, she was looking at my discharge instructions and it said I had to drink like 16oz of water before I could leave. But only 1 oz at a time and all staggered apart, she realized this would keep me awhile. So she put me in a little area off of the recovery room so my husband could come back and see me.

He came back with my sister in law, I guess I had no idea how long it had been but I had been back here awhile so she came to keep him company. I sipped on my water, was still very drowsy from all the phenergan. So talking to her was hard but all I wanted was to go home and go to sleep in my own home. Finally I had drank enough so that they could discharge me. It was a rough trip home thank goodness for my husband he helped me so much to get me home and on the couch as easy as possible. Was nice to be home so I could start the real healing process at home. He had to leave back to work that night and I didn't realize how bad I would feel so my uncle brought me over to my moms house the next day so she could keep an eye on me while she worked. I just slept most of the day at her house as I had such a hard time sleeping at mine the night before sitting up on my couch was not the best place to sleep. After that the anesthesia was starting to finally leave my system so I was feeling like myself again. I worked on drinking as much as I could handle so I didn't get dehydrated. Was hard the first few days but after that the swelling must have gone down because it was a lot easier. The physical pain has really lingered  a lot longer than I expected. I am pretty sore on my left side where the port is plus the gas pains from the gas they put in during surgery is no joke.

Today is day 6 and I am planning on trying to work at least a half day tomorrow. I know it sounds whiney since I work at home but it can be so painful to sit up at my desk I don't know if I will make it a whole day or not. But I am going to try, I missed out on work today and a gold canyon meeting so hoping to wake up tomorrow and get back into the swing of things. Thanks for all the well wishes and support from all of you. Love you!

xoxo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment